Part – Time English Instructor, Şişli Meslek Yüksekokulu (Şişli Vocational School
08/2018 – 07/2020
. Gave Basic and Vocational English lessons.
Finance Manager, IHIC İstanbul İkitelli Uluslararası Sağlık Hizmetleri Yatırım ve İşletme AŞ
3/2013 – 1/2014
* Followed international finance activities for the Integrated Health Campus Project.
Finance Manager, Kozmoklinik Kozmetik ve Medikal Ürünler Pazarlama AŞ
2/2012 – 3/2013
- Budget and cash management, follow lawsuits and contract negotiations of the company and support the company lawyer, manage collection activities with sales team.
Senior Finance Expert, Botaş Bakü Tblisi Ceyhan Crude Oil Pipeline Project Directorate 7/2002 – 2/2011
Foreign Consortium Funded National Pipeline Construction Project
- Ensured all requirements of the Turnkey Contractor Agreement, other Project Agreements and BOTAS Board of Directors Decisions related to the control of Project financing are understood and implemented, free of error and ambiguity, and without conflict.
- Planned financing work with a team work understanding by communicating with other departments.
- Followed Project financing related regulations by national authorities and carry out in financial transactions.
- Liaised with the Project banking facilities in order to manage loans, repayments,funds and negotiations.
- Developed the requirements for financial reporting and ensured that these reports are prepared and submitted to the Deputy Project Manager (Administrative and Finance) and Project Management within the required timeframes.
- Followed up and reported bank guarantees from contractors and suppliers.
- Provided general financing services for the Project and to liaise with external authorities.
- In liaison with Project Control, established overall expenditure forecasting.
- Implemented the Project budget in terms of planning, control, follow up and reporting.
- Established and applied the foreign trade legislation and customs treaties for procurement and imports of goods and services in the Project and implemented required actions such as letter of credit transactions, import commitments.
- Reviewed contracts for planning the implementation of Host Government Agreement requirements and legislation for all taxes and exemptions.
- Ensured that the financial operational work is established in compliance with auditable standards.
- Participated in related internal and external meetings.
- Participated in tender activities regarding commercial evaluation.
- Participated in internal audit committees related with financial issues.
- Participated in arbitration proceedings (both liability and quantum phase) at International Chamber of Commerce according to English Law.
Finance Manager, Nurus Group. 11/2001 – 7/2002
- Successfully managed all cash flows including payments and receivables.
- Established long term, reliable relations with banks covering credibility and line of credit issues.
- Prepared monthly and annual budgets of Nurus Group.
- Analyzed comparative financial statements of Nurus Group and produced ratio analysis reports.
- Prepared daily, monthly and annual reports summarizing collections, payments and financial status of the group companies.
- Analysed sales and collections of previous years and compared with current situation for trend analysis.
- Handled financial correspondences and relations with government offices, organizations and agencies.
- Organized corporate and commercial insurance activities of the Group.
- Handled all international bank transactions including export procedures, letter of credit and performance bond issues.
- Achieved instant, low cost funding, when necessary, through factoring, leasing and before-term LC-performance bond cashing.
Finance Specialist, Meteksan Sistem ve Bilgisayar Teknolojileri A.Ş.
- Maintained daily bank transactions of Meteksan Group’s seven firms.
- Managed cash flow including all loan and credit activities.
- Produced daily reports, summarizing financial position of seven group companies which included bank transactions, payments and collections
- Assisted intergroup departments, regarding financial issues such as sales pricing-costing.
- Handled export, import and free zone financial transactions.
- Took part and made significant contributions to ‘Oracle Internal Implementation Project’ team.
|11/1999 – 8/2001
Financing and Planning Consultant, United Nations Development Program.
World Bank Funded Health Project, Turkish Republic Ministry of Health .
- Maintained financial relations and correspondences with the World Bank, UNDP, governmental organizations and international agencies.
- Performed research and development activities on the current financial structure of Turkey’s health sector.
- Planned financing mechanisms for the General Health Insurance Scheme to be promulgated by the Turkish National Assembly.
- Provided assistance to the formation and operations of the Health Financing Institution.
- Took part in preparing and publishing of Health Sector Finance and Expenditures Book (1998), which was distributed to the governmental organizations and relevant parties in the sector.
|01/1998 – 10/1999
Financial Assistant to the President of Board of Directors, World TradeCentre Soyut Holding.
- Prepared industrial sector reports of Turkey, pertaining available financial entrepreneurship options for the firm
- Conducted financial feasibility studies for Hydroelectric Power Plants.
- Prepared organizational charts with job descriptions in order to re-organize the finance department of the firm.
- Translated documentation both from Turkish to English and vice versa.
- Handled correspondences with International Trade Organizations.
- Handled foreign trade procedures, international bank transactions and
export-import official correspondences.
- Prepared marketing strategies and management plans for World Trade Centre Ankara.
- Contributed to and assisted the preparation of international agreements.
|01/1996 – 11/1997